The caretaker committee of Federal University Otuoke has today released the guidelines for the long awaited SUG elections.
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Final year students are not permitted to contest election into any office of the union.
2. All aspirants vying for any of the Offices of SUG Executive must undergo a screening exercise to be carried out by the Electoral Committee. The decisions of the Committee shall be binding on all aspirants.
3. A candidate stands disqualified for any unruly campaigns or on the day of elections.
4. No pasting of campaign bills on the walls of University, either on campus or in the hostels. Posters and hand bills should be pasted only on designated notice boards.
5. No candidate or his/her supporter(s) is allowed to write or inscribe campaigns slogans on walls, pathways or any road within the campus and hostels.
6. All aspirants must pick up nomination forms at the Students Union Government Complex after paying the prescribed fee. All nomination forms must be filled and returned within the given time as specified on the Election Time Table.Election Time Table.
7. All members of the Electoral Committee are not eligible to contest any of the offices of SUG and. They are not allowed to canvass or attend meetings of candidates, for whatever reason(s). Furthermore, their neutrality must stand out in all matters concerning elections of the SUG.
8. The use of megaphones, loudspeakers and any such appliance within lecture areas and offices is prohibited.
9. All candidates must take full responsibility for the conduct of their supporters throughout the electioneering period.
10. All contestants must present his/her 2018/2019 school fee receipt.
11. All contestants must present an affidavit to affirm that he/she is not a member of any secret cult.
12. All contestable offices are listed as follows with prescribed rates for nomination forms.
Vice President N15,000
General Secretary N15,000
Assistant General Secretary N10,000
Financial Secretary N10,000
Director of Social/Culture N10,000
Director of Sport N10,000
Director of Transport N10,000
Public Relation officer N10,000
13. A candidate may withdraw from the election but not later than seventy two hours before Election Day by writing a letter to the chairman electoral committee.
14. Aspirants for the SUG Executive position shall be in the following year and have a C.G.P.A of:
Pen Ultimate year
Assistant General Secretary
Director of Socials/Culture
Director of Sport
Director of Transport
Public Relation officer
Comr. Ikosomi Barry I.
(Chairman SUG Care-taker Committee)
Comr. Nwador Collins K.
(Secretary SUG Care-taker Committee)