VISION as we define include “something imaginary one thinks one sees”.” An ideal or a goal towards which one aspires”. “A person or thing of extraordinary beauty”.
Even the Bible says”… in the last days… your young men shall see visions and your old men shall dream dreams.
Vision is also a gift of the spirit, one without it is an average human. It is possible to live and follow the vision of others;but, the follower cannot be or understand the vision like the visionary.
MISSION is a twin brother of vision. One is doom without the other. It requires physical, spiritual, psychological, and mental manpower to actualize a vision. That was why the Bible was very careful and specific to attribute visions to young men and not old men.
It involves a set of task to be fulfilled before having the vision actualized. A visionary is like a pregnant woman who continues struggling until delivery.
If you are left without a vision, then, pray for it, taste for it, long for it, ask God for it and then seek God’s supernatural power to embark on a mission. A mission is not always easy, it requires determination, commitment, perseverance, struggle and sometimes even fight to accomplish it.
Obstacles such as threat, intimidation, marginalization (especially if you are of the minority), and persecution may likely be the darkness trying to cover the day,but, if pressed on, surely, the light will come and darkness will comprehend it not.
You may try and fail many times, don’t allow it to be a discouragement, provided the vision is clear. You will have men of course who will work with you, support you and follow your vision, but I tell you,many/majority will fight against you, plan evil against you, betray you and almost kill you.
A visionary have only but one mindset:
“SUCCESS NOW OR NEVER”.
There is a clear difference between A DREAM and A VISION, I will explain that in my next article tagged: “VISION or DREAM”.
TEN POWERFUL THINGS A VISIONARY MUST KNOW:
- A visionary does not consider his pocket. He embarks on a mission with FAITH and FOCUS.
- A visionary does not listen to any form of discouragement.
- He/She does not love anybody or anything more than his vision.
- He/She is always a Role Model and so lives in truth and is prudent.
- He/She does not consider the power or fame of his opponents, enemies, etc.
- He/She is always focused,meditative and prayerful.
- He/She is a good listener to encouragement.
- He/She thinks at least seven(7) times a day about his/ her vision and mission.
- A visionary keeps all data for analysis and reconsideration.
- He/She must be able to define TIME and OPPORTUNITY once it comes.
Carry on your vision, irrespective of your status; student/graduate, minority/majority, beautiful/ugly, rich/poor,loved/hated, etc.
Though I am an Engineering Student, I carry on with my VISION.
I am BRYAN TOM,
I am PREGNANT for the F.U.O. Student Community.
I AM A VISIONARY.